Thursday, 23 June 2011

A giant footprint on my heart.

Today the most surreal thing happened to me.
I was so happy, nervous, overwhelmed, exstatic. Now I'm crying. All within the space of two hours.

Most of all I feel it is important to say that memories are for me to keep forever; I can acess them whenever I want or feel the need to be in that particular moment again. However, this has it's downsides. Holding onto a time and place for too long can drive a person insane - desperate to find moments that feel endless because it feels like nothing will ever be that good again. Feels like what is happening in the world around you isn't good enough and will never live up to the times you have experienced before.

This is a stupid theory to have but we all know it happens. I will now tell myself to be possitive; look forward to the exciting plans I have ahead of me and hope that the feelings I hold onto locked inside my memories will find me once again and create new memories in the story of my life.

The reason all these strong memories are flooding back to me is simple. I saw someone today who I met on the most amazing holiday of my life; a two week cruise that will always have a place in my heart. He meant alot to me and the last time I saw him was a painful goodbye in august full of tears. Today I happened to be in the shop I work at (but on my day off) and he happened to be shopping in Bicester Village which is miles from where he lives. \he tapped me on the shoulder and I was speechless, yet over the moon.

Sometimes we experience moments that we will never forget and make connections that define those memories for us and the cruise we we're on was certainly a case of this occurance. I will never forget the times I spent with him and all the other friends in the group we formed on The Grand Princess. I can't express how dearly I hold onto those memories desperately wishing I could go back to that time and make it last forever.

"Can miles truly separate you from friends.... If you want to be with someone you love,
 aren't you already there? "

~Richard Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment