Tomorrow I am getting up super early to go to Heathrow to pick up my step sister Amber from the airport. For those who don't know, she is 10, lives in South Africa, and travels unacompanied every few months to stay with us. I always get so excited for her arrival - I wait around at the arrival's gate with my starbucks latte so that I am the first person she see's when she walks through the door. Adrenaline will be pounding through my veins. My face will be sore from anxious smiling. My feet will be shuffling - I cannot keep still in these conditions.

<------- This isn't Amber, although it is usually what she looks like when she comes through the doors searching for me haha.
This is all a usual procedure - I'm so used to the movie-like-airport-scene - but I still can't resist the excitment. However I do always know that as soon as she gets here, every day gone will be a day closer to having to say goodbye again. But I don't think about that; I must stay positive :)
I've been doing art today - sketching a detailed portrait of Jason Mraz. I havn't finished yet, so that, and doing a bit of painting, will be my plan for the evening I think. Along with a movie and an early night. Getting up at 5:00am needs determination!
Just wanted to say I love you all, and take each day as it comes. Whatever you do, even if you are doing nothing at all, all day (like me), be happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment