While currently sat on my bed with my laptop infront of me, my fat cat half on my lap - half falling off - (snoring away), and Frank Sinatra blaring from my Itunes shuffle which is a completely rare occassion, I realize i should be revising. But the concept of doing calculations to figure out the concentration of hydrochloric acid using titrations in chemistry is de-moralizing. I would much rather be dreaming about the meaning behind Sinatra's song "Come fly with me."
If I could, i'd already be flying away to somewhere exotic like madagascar. I'd love to go to that wild but beautiful island! There is a type of sloth/lemur (I really don't know) called a SLOW LORIS which is by far the coolest, weird but cutest creature i've ever come across. Youtube "Slow Loris loves getting tickled." You will then see how bizzare it really is! A Slow Loris has the biggest, curious eyes, yet it looks like a cuddly koala bear teddy that a kid would fall asleep with. So funny to watch it just being in existance, slowly taking in its surroundings without a care in the world besides the constant need to be tickled an awful lot. Unfortunately this species is highly endangered - I know because I even, for some random reason, googled the possibility of a slow loris pet ownership. I know, it's lame and I would never actually get one.
During exam period, stress levels are high. Everyone I come into contact with (my age or teachers prepared to rip their own hair out) have blood shot eyes decorated with big dark circles undernieth - sneakily destroying any innocence we have left. I don't even recognise myself when I get up in the morning! I'm so tired all the time, yet sleep just doesn't happen. Somehow, I lay in bed for hours trying to sleep but the constant circle of songs, dreams, memories, (flooded with stress about history, science, french, RE exams, etc) all invade my attempts to shut down. Also, I just found out I got the job at French Connection in Bicester Village - which I am stupidly and crazily excited about! However my hours are long on the weekends, making revision time limitted.
All of this brings me back to the topic of Sinatra's "Come fly with me.." Just for now, just for tonight, just for a moment in time, I will imagine someone "one of a kind" knocking on my door and swiftly whisping me away to a private jet - flying me anywhere but here. I think that would be wonderful. The sun shining down just because it wants to make me smile and my hair would dance in the wind just because the wind was enough to breeze through my soul effortlessly taking away all my stresses and worries with it. And when I wake up tomorrow, I will deal with all that needs to be dealt with because I know it's not right to just ignor what I don't really want to do. But for now... "Just glide, starry eyed... Come fly with me... let's fly! Let's fly away!"
No comments:
Post a Comment